Cancellation or Postponement of Activities due to COVID-19
Following recent information provided by the Department of Education we are taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, not only with our own school community but also the wider community at large. As such, the following events will be cancelled or indefinitely postponed.
• Microsoft “AI” for Good Challenge Excursion
• Year 9 Indonesian Consulate Excursion
• Year 10 Be Street Smart Excursion
• Year 8 Chinese (Buddhist Temple) Excursion
• Year 8 St. George’s Cathedral Excursion
• Year 11 Children and Families – Creative Play Excursion
• Year 10 Outdoor Education Rottnest Snorkeling Excursion
• Inspiring Girls Careers Forum
• eV Challenge
• Year 9 Italian Excursion
• Year 9 Chinese “Chung Wah Association” Excursion
• Year 10 Careers Expo
• Technologies – Big Day In
• Year 4 Hills Forest Excursions
• Year 10 Try A Trade Day
• Melbourne Drama Trip
• Bali/Java School Trip
• Barcelona and Paris Visual Arts Tour
• Y7-12 Easter Eucharist
• Y7-12 ANZAC Service
• All Whole of School Assemblies including split Middle and Senior school.
• All Chapel services including Evensong and Tenebrae Services
• Campus Tour Open Days
• Whole Primary Easter Chapel
• Year 12 Outdoor Education Paddling Camp
• Swan Valley Music Camp
• Year 9 Into Adulthood Camp
• Year 12 Outdoor Education Mountain Biking Camp
• Cadet Camp Ces Burrows Avon Valley
• Year 6 Camp
All co-curricular activities are cancelled including Cadets, Sports training, before and after School Music ensembles, Performance rehearsals, other groups/clubs and after School tutoring.
Sport Carnivals and Competitions
• The Associated and Catholic Colleges (ACC) have cancelled all Carnivals (including our Scheduled C Division Carnival) and Sub Association (NWAS) Sports for the remainder of Term 1. As such, all fixtures and training sessions are now cancelled. The Years 7-12 Interhouse and subsequent participation in the Interschool Cross Country Carnival is also cancelled.
• NIPSSA Swimming Carnival (and all associated training sessions)
• Years 5 & 6 AFL Dockers Cup
• Year 7 to Year 12 Parent Teacher Interviews (April) and Pre-Kindy to Year 12 Parent Teacher Interviews (July)
• Elevate Education Parent Session
• Year 9 Camp Parent Information Session
• Year 10 Parent Information Night
• Year 9 Parent Information Night
• Parent Internet Safety Talk with Paul Litherland
• PK-6 Expo
• Big Night in on the Green
• Senior School Musical Production
• Years 11 -12 Drama Performance – The Cheery Orchard
• Years 7- 12 Music Showcase Concert
• Years 7 -12 Interhouse Theatre Sports
• ASC Piano Competition
• Years 12 ATAR Drama Performance – Unsung Hero’s
• Years 3- 12 Movies and Musicals (Regal Theatre)
• Year 11 Dinner Dance
• Primary Musical
Careerlink Years 11 and 12
All Careerlink placements will be cancelled indefinitely and subsequently, students are required to attend School on the days students usually have work placements.
These events and activities are all scheduled to take place through to 31 July 2020. Further consideration will be given to activities and events scheduled beyond this point and subsequent communications regarding these will follow. As a School, we will continue to look at ways in which we can provide the best possible learning experiences for our students and ensure a true spirit of community remains at the heart of all we do at JSRACS.
We thank you for your continued understanding as we work through this challenging and rapidly evolving situation.