Child Safe Organisation
John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School is committed to being a child safe organisation through the prevention, identification and reporting of child abuse and neglect. This includes the provision of support to children who have been abused or are affected by abuse or neglect. As a School, we believe that students should know that they are valued as people who are valued. This pastoral dimension should influence every aspect of their life.
Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum
The Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum is a child safety program for children and young people which has been implemented from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 at John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School.
The aim of The Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum is to teach all children from a young age, in an age appropriate way, to:
- Recognise abuse and tell a trusted adult about it
- Understand what is appropriate and inappropriate touching
- Understand ways of keeping themselves safe.
The themes are:
- We all have the right to do be safe
- We can help ourselves to be safe by talking to people we trust
The focus areas are:
- The right to be safe
- Recognising and reporting abuse
- Protective strategies