The JSRACS Basketball Program provides both male and female student athletes with an opportunity to improve their individual skill sets, speed, agility and game play to help accelerate their journey to becoming an elite player. There are a number of opportunities to display their individual growth as a player through North West Associated Schools (NWAS) and Associated Catholic Colleges (ACC) representation and various other tournaments throughout the year. Student athletes will also have an opportunity to represent JSRACS in tournaments Australia wide and potentially internationally as we continue to develop the program. This exposure will provide our players with opportunities to recognise their dreams and goals in the game of Basketball.
The Program – Years 9 and 10, 2020 (Year 11 and 12, 2021 and 2022)
Student athletes will have the unique opportunity to combine quality academic education with specialised development in Basketball within their standard school timetable. Students accepted into the program are expected to commit to the ethos of the school and values of the program at John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School.
Students will provided with an opportunity to select Basketball as their elective preference in Year 9 and 10, and will receive 2-3 hours a week of specialist basketball sessions.
In these sessions our student athletes will:
- Develop their individual skills, techniques, tactics and decision making for basketball
- Receive high level speed and agility training
- Develop their general core stability
- Conduct performance testing
- Complete Individual Development Plans (IDP’s)
- Learn general coaching principals
- Develop Leadership and communication skills
- Cover sports nutrition & recovery
- Cover injury prevention and rehabilitation
Expectations of our student athletes:
- Attend all sessions and train with intensity
- Attain an academic standard commensurate with their capabilities
- Represent JSRACS Basketball proudly whenever selected
- Strive to play at the highest level of club basketball available in WA
- Become a positive role model at JSRACS in all areas of school life
Trials for 2020
Trials for the 2021 JSRACS Basketball Program will be on Saturday 15 August at the JSRACS Gymnasium commencing at 10.00am. These trials are for any person in Years 8,9 or 10 who either attend JSRACS or another school who are wishing to be a part of the Specialist Basketball Program in 2021.
Please register your interest below or email our Specialist Basketball Coach at [email protected] if you have any questions in relation to the Program.