John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School is a dual campus, co-educational, Kindergarten to Year 12 school with an enrolment of approximately 1,710 students. The School is committed to providing a comprehensive education for the general community in a caring and supportive Christian environment.
Interested applicants, who are supportive of the School’s Christian ethos and its multicultural environment are invited to apply for the positions as they appear below.
All applications must include the completed JSRACS Employment Application Form (downloaded from the link below), a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees.
Applications are to be marked “Confidential” and can be emailed to [email protected] or posted to:
John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School
PO Box 41
MIRRABOOKA WA 6941
Hours of Work
Part time 0.8 FTE
Monday 1 February 2021 or by negotiation.
This is a fixed-term position for term 1 and 2, as this is a leave replacement position.
About the Role
We are seeking a suitably qualified HASS teacher who has a passion for teaching and is committed to contributing to the personal growth and education of our students in an inclusive environment.
John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School is a school of the Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.). As such, a central purpose of its work is the education amongst its students, staff and families of Anglicanism and its traditions and ethos.
Our School is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant teaching qualifications
- Appropriate teaching experience in the HASS Learning Area.
- Current knowledge and understanding of SCSA WA Curriculum.
- Experience in curriculum differentiation and modifying learning tasks to meet specific educational needs
- Relevant understanding of the teaching, learning, assessment and reporting cycle.
- A passion for teaching in the Middle School (Years 7-9) including involvement in cross-curricular project-based learning experience.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- High levels of initiative and independence
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to recognise individual student need and to cater for diversity
- An ability to foster a positive and collaborative approach and attitude to learning and to build confidence, self-esteem and independence in students
- An ability to use a range of effective strategies to support student learning
- An ability to generate student interest, enthusiasm and motivation
- A range of skills and assessment processes to identify areas of need and to monitor student performance
- Sound organisational, technological and problem-solving skills
- An ability to adapt to different contexts and situations that occur within schools
- Understanding of the importance of effective learning environments and quality pedagogy
- Enthusiasm, patience and genuine empathy and sensitivity to students’ needs
- Advocacy skills for our students
- Compassion, passion and drive
For the full Teaching Duties and Responsibilities Statement (DRS) please click here
How to Apply
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to apply for the above position by completing the JSRACS Employment Application Form (located below). Please also include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees are required with your application.
Further enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Mrs Wendy Griffin, Human Resources via [email protected] or (08) 9247 9305
Applications close 4.00pm Tuesday 26 January 2021
Applications are to be marked “Confidential” and can be;
Emailed to: [email protected]
Delivered-to: John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School, 2 Boyare Ave, Mirrabooka, WA 6061
Post to: John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School PO Box 41, Mirrabooka, WA 6941